23 January 2011

Scones

So my good friend Shaunna made impromptu scones yesterday, and I realized I should do the same since I am visiting my parents (who happen to have a sexy, fully stocked kitchen.) Here are the results!

I got the recipe from JoyofBaking.com (an uber-site of awesome recipes and tips!)

I'll just let the terrible quality phone pictures tell you the story of the process...











I got raspberry jam from the grocery store. I didn't bother with whipped cream or Devonshire cream.

They came out nice and crumbly, extremely moist, and HUGE. I accidentally purchased heavy whipping cream instead of regular heavy cream. Being that I'm not a baking connoisseur, I have no clue what the difference is! A quick search seemed to suggest it's only a difference of fat content.

I can't say I have any tips or tricks to this process. I followed the recipe to a tee, and it came out just as one would expect! Highly recommend it. Being that it's so easy, I will probably try some other more exotic tea-time recipes next. I have my eyes on macarons!

No comments:

Post a Comment