09 February 2011

Teacup vs. Breakfast cup

There is a difference!

I did not know this until I was tea set browsing. While I have and love my new set, it has some flaws to it and will need some - if not all - upgrades. Whilst tea set browsing, I found a beautiful set for an affordable price! By Burleigh, their Blue Calico tea set is everything I want, with varying sizes of pieces so I could get cups/mugs for all occasions and still match. Which, you know, is crucial when having tea by yourself... matching pieces... (It's about the little pleasure in life, I say!)

Anyway! I noticed on that set they had mugs, tea cups, and... breakfast cups? What the heck is a breakfast cup?!

Well, in a nutshell, teacups are smaller than breakfast cups. Teacups are 200ml, whereas breakfast cups are 300ml (half a pint). I find the term breakfast cup is a perfect name for that size cup. Oftentimes, one doesn't have time or want an entire pot of tea for breakfast like at a tea service, so a large cup would suffice for the morning caffeine. However, for a tea service, the smaller cups means going through a pot more slowly and evenly, particularly with company.

So, with this new set, what pieces do I intend to buy as far as cups go? I think I will look at buying two mugs, two breakfast cups, and four tea cups.

Thank you Stack of Recipes for the measurements!

1 comment:

  1. I just read instructions on a coffee box and it said 1 breakfast cup and with the power of internet i now know the answer thanks

    ReplyDelete