04 March 2011

Chocolate chip shortbread cookies

I love these cookies with every fiber of my being. They're so easy to make, and so hard to mess up.
I love these bowls and measuring cups too! They're so cheerfully bright and durable. I definitely want to try and steal them from my mother one of these days. I have some colorful plastic ones I can trade her.

Beside the bowls are the ingredients! I halved this recipe so it would only yield one batch (and a little dough leftover to nom.) 2 cups all purpose flour, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1 cup unsalted butter, 1/2 cup powdered sugar, 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract, and then I add chopped up dark chocolate chips at the end.
So, I sort of skipped taking pictures of the dough-making process. Sorry!
Et voila! Bake them for about 8 minutes at 350F, and you've got shortbread cookies... and a reason to use our new cooling rack, that I love! Before, the cooling rack was a little ghetto and designed more for cakes than cookies, so any cookies would sag between the wide bars. Not anymore!

Thank you JoyofBaking.com for your delicious and reliable recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment