17 March 2011

DIY: Tea lamp

My friend Kateryn found this for me, and while I didn't love the style at first, I have warmed up to it. The best part about this little project is the life it can give to odd pieces of old tea sets that might otherwise get thrown away or forgotten about.

Kudos to Design*Sponge for the nifty project idea! Click the image to go to the details on how to make this lamp for yourself.

My biggest concern with this project is a) finding a group of pieces I don't mind drilling holes into, and b) managing to drill holes without cracking or shattering dishes/cups/pots. I find that most tea sets like this are incredibly thin, and therefor fragile - I'm surprised they were able to drill into the pieces so easily!

While I probably would never want a lamp like this in my own home, I would love to put one (or several!) in a possible future tea shop...

1 comment: