27 January 2011

Two A Tea

Shaunna and I went for tea today at Two A Tea in Glendora, CA. We both ordered the "Grand Duchess Tea" which included a pot of tea, a scone, soup or salad, and five tea sandwiches. I definitely left feeling extremely full and satisfied.

The scone was very moist and light. It was supposedly a mango scone, though it did not taste significantly as such (which I didn't mind - I was worried it wouldn't go well with the lemon curd, jam, or cream). My only complaint about the scone was the sugar baked on top of it. Far too sweet for my taste! The lemon curd was ridiculously sugary as well. The flavor wasn't bad, but... it was too sweet! The cream was good, and the jam was delicious.

Next came the bruschetta, which wasn't the normal sort of salad with large slices of tomato and slices of mozzarella. Instead, it was cherry tomatoes and shredded mozzarella over greens. The dressing was a balsamic vinagarette. The salad was good, but definitely overdone with the greens. But... it's a salad, so I can't really complain about that!



Lastly came out a two tiered tray with sandwiches! There were a total of ten sandwiches (five different flavors):

  • turkey sandwich with some sort of fig dressing (I did not try this one)
  • an egg salad sandwich (delicious!)
  • a cucumber sandwich (SO good. It wasn't a cucumber salad, but rather a sort of dill or chive dressing on cucumber slices)
  • roasted vegetable sandwich (tasted a lot like a red pepper hummus with veggies)
  • chicken salad with fruit (as much as I hate to say it... it was terrible. All the flavors in it were good, just not together.)

And, last but certainly not least, the tea! I ordered Darjeeling (it was awesome!) and Shaunna got English Breakfast (I'm assuming it was good... she drank it without complaint.) I had my tea with two lumps and a splash of milk.

As a side note, I joined Steepster and realized they were holding a tea exchange! I joined, and got notified of my secret tea recipient. They marked that they particularly favored darjeeling and chai teas, so I got them darjeeling and chai!



Considering the darjeeling was as good as it was, I felt confident buying both the darjeeling leaves and chai leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment